We’ve reached the triumphant and glorious climax of Pumpkin Mania 2015. While the pumpkin-flavored-everything crazy starts earlier and earlier every year, the party always comes to a crashing end when the clock strikes midnight on Thanksgiving. After that, we all collectively kick our pumpkin addiction cold turkey and move on to a month-long peppermint fueled binge.
So this is it: crunch time. In a just a few short days all the pumpkin related products will disappear from the store shelves until Labor Day next year (if we’re lucky), so pack it in while you still can.
To honor to the final days of pumpkin season (and to help smooth over the extended family awkwardness at Thanksgiving) we’ve developed a warming whiskey cocktail to keep you in good spirits for the rest of the week: Spiked Pumpkin Chai.
Spiked Pumpkin ChaiPRINT RECIPE
- 2 cups water
- 1 teabag black tea
- 2 tablespoons milk (coconut or almond are our favorites for this recipe)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin butter
- 3 oz whiskey
- Bring the water to a boil in a small pot or JetBoil.
- Remove from heat, add the teabag, and allow the tea to steep 4-5 minutes. Remove and discard teabag.
- Add in the milk and pumpkin butter. Stir to thoroughly combine. Add the whiskey.
Split between two mugs and enjoy!